We are working on a permit for the first possible weekend 8/1-2. In order to be able to be the first sports event in the state post COVID we have the following New (Temporary) Protocols in place that will be strongly enforced.
· Rounds are 4 to 6 man heats. Meaning no more than 4 or 6 surfers are in the water for each round of competition. · Surfers are in the same geographical area. Most surfers are local residence of Maui, some neighboring island surfers will attend but no surfers are out of state residents.
· Surfing competitions are not a team sport. This is an individual sport.
· Participants will wear face coverings when not engaged in the activity and when at all possible, and they will maintain 6 ft distance at all times
· For the purposes of contact tracing, Hawaii Surfing Association will keep a master list of all participants, which will include first and last names, addresses and phone numbers for a minimum of 30 days. For participants under the age of 18, HSA will collect parent/guardian information as well.
· Parent will meet via a zoom meeting to explain the rules. We will have a document sent out to all parents to sign upon registration for the event.
· Sharing of any personal items is not allowed. No shared snacks or drinks are allowed at any time. No food items or water will be present for event. Participates will be asked to bring their own water.
· There will be no socializing before or after the heat. Participants will arrive no sooner that 10 min prior to their heat and must leave immediately after the awards.
· Anyone experiencing any health issues like fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or any other signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 must stay home.
· Minit Medical will have a nurse at the check in desk that will temperature check each volunteer and participate, the nurse will go through a series of COVID related health questions upon check in.
· Volunteers will clean and disinfect all high touch area such as restrooms, railings, gates, pens, tables etc.
· The HSA Maui organization will make sure all rules and regulations are in compliance. If a participate does not comply it will result in immediate non-participation.
· Adequate time will be scheduled in between heats to allow for the exiting of all participants who have finished and the sanitizing of the facility before the next group’s participation.
· A schedule indicating when heats begin and end and the time allotted in between will be provided before the event.
· No Spectators of any kind, that includes parents. Parents must drop off and exit the premises and may return only to pick up their kids and immediately exit the premises again. There can be no tailgating in the parking lot or around the site.
· To comply with the public health emergency rules we will have no groups larger than 10 and no more than a total of 100 people. There can be no interaction at all between groups. The total number of participants, judges, coaches and event staff can only total 10 per heat.
· Judges and volunteers will wear masks at all times and will maintain social distancing. Hand sanitizer will be present at judging stations as well as check in stations and throughout the event.
· Registration and scoring will all be done online to reduce risk
· Event will have live feed on line for parents and spectators to watch safely, monitor and better judge drop off and pick up times.